NEWS & INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES:
- November 19, Further recognition of APG’s efforts on drainage improvements and work with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury on new, revised drainage ordinances in this American Press editorial.
“Members of the group, Alliance for Positive Growth Southwest Louisiana,
were some of the most vocal about issues they had with the proposed changes.
They were pleased with the Police Jury’s willingness to compromise.
But APG board member Bart Yakupzack said the parish needs to come up
with a written plan that addresses other drainage issues,
like maintaining watersheds and upgrading
roadside ditches and laterals.”
- December 5, Mayor Hunter says drainage is a top infrastructure focus for the City of Lake Charles. Click link to watch Tuesday’s press conference, Mayor Nic Hunter talks drainage.
- November 17, Progress on drainage! The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury voted to approve a revised drainage ordinance at last night’s meeting. Click here to read the American Press article. Click here to watch our board members, Michael Hankins and Bart Yakupzack, address CPPJ on this C-GOV link at time marker 19:24.
- November 16, APG membership votes to support passage of four CPSB bonds on November 18th ballot. Click here for the full news release.
- November 14, Drainage Liaison Committee approves ordinance. Click here to read American Press article.
- October 16, Calcasieu Parish District Bond Election FAQs
- September 21, National recognition by Business Facilities magazine on the growth surge in SWLA. Click here to read more.
- September 14, HARVEY’S HEROS: We are proud to be working with the City of Lake Charles and several local organization to help our neighbors in Southwest Louisiana who suffered damage from Hurricane Harvey. Give us a call at 602-6788 for more information and to learn how to help.
- September 10, Good news for Lake Charles; Mayor Nic Hunter said the city was able to balance its budget while increasing money for drainage and other initiatives by prioritizing spending.
- August 8, Parishwide Drainage Liaison Committee Hears Ordinance Revision Proposal
- July 20, KPLC covered our monthly meeting and aired a segment about the drainage issues facing our area.
- April 3rd, APG members attend Developer’s Round table.
- March 17th, Feature article appeared in Lagniappe Magazine
- March 14th, KPLC’s Theresa Schmidt aired a story about the March 13th meeting at the Historic Cash and Carry as did the American Press.
- March 13, APG highlighted in Thrive Magazine.
- Feb 9th, Thrive magazine reports standing room only attendance at launch meeting held at Walnut Grove. Over 200 attend to support and learn more about the Alliance for Positive Growth.
- Jan 20th, Fox 29 coverage of Jan 18th meeting.
- Jan 20th, American Press coverage of Jan 18th kick-off meeting.
- December, 2016 Jeannie Weise Named Director of Alliance for Positive Growth
Lake Charles native, Jeannie Weise, has been named Director of the Alliance for Positive Growth (APG), an organization of professionals in the fields of real estate, development, construction and all other interested parties working together to promote strong, beneficial growth in Southwest Louisiana. Weise graduated from McNeese State University and has worked locally in the marketing/public relations field for several years, most recently working with former U.S. Senator David Vitter.In her new role, Weise will work with the membership of APG to achieve their goals of actively supporting sustained, progressive growth and development in Southwest Louisiana.
MEETINGS & EVENTS:
- November 17, Mark your calendars and join us for Holiday Sip & Support on Monday, December 18! To purchase tickets, please call (337) 602-6788. 10% of the ticket sales will be donated to Harvey’s Heros.
- November 1, Rayne Mayor, Chuck Robichaux, will be guest speaker at the APG General Monthly Meeting on Thursday, November 16 @10 am, SEED Center, 2nd floor, Willis Noland Conference Room, 4310 Ryan Street, Lake Charles, LA 70605. Mayor Robichaux will provide a presentation on how the City of Rayne tackled their drainage problems, through a manufactured design that ultimately won an impressive LMA’s 16th Annual “Best of Show Award” for its Phase II Drainage Improvements. Click here to watch the video.
- July 5, Newly sworn-in Lake Charles City Council members and Alliance for Positive Growth pledge/scoring committee members have joined forces to work towards positive growth for our area. See photo here.
- May 9, Bryan Vincent’s Economic Research Committee holds highly successful meeting. Solidified purpose. Committee members took part in a Think Tank-like discussion. Volunteer responsibilities determined.
- April 24, numerous APG members attended briefing session hosted by Calcasieu Parish Police Jury regarding proposed new ordinances.
- April 24, Board of Director’s meeting. Pledge/Scoring committee chairs report progress and scope of work needed regarding scoring system.
- April 22, Brent Lumpkin and MK Hopkins’s Pledge/Scoring Committee begin meeting with candidates for city council and Mayor to secure signatures on the Pledge.
- April 19, co-sponsored the Lunch with the Next Mayor forum with the SWLA Economic Development Alliance.
- April 19, several APG members attended City Council meeting. Tim Flavin addressed the Council and congratulated the City and Parish for their efforts to work together regarding drainage.
- April 18, Board of Directors adopts candidate and elected official’s Pledge.
- April 12, Executive Director Jeannie Weise spoke at the Kiwanis Club of Southwest Contraband.
- March 16, APG hosted a meeting at the Moss Bluff Branch Library. Good turnout and great conversations on how we can achieve positive economic growth by working together.
- March 13, New and prospective members attended a Welcome meeting at the Historic Cash and Carry. President Matt Redd reports that in 2 months, membership already at 80!